getting the user's (internet, not local network) IP address

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Fri May 14 15:01:06 EDT 2010

Josh,

I don't think a better way is needed. Since in the rare case that he has a
network connection but can't connect to your server, then, there's something
odd happening.

Yes there's the case where the whole app locks while trying to find if it
can connect or not, maybe setting the socketTimeout to low value might speed
up the failure scenario.

Andre