OT: Adobe's New Anti Apple Ads

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Fri May 14 10:39:45 EDT 2010

  On 14/05/2010 17:02, David Bovill wrote:
> Just for fun :)
>
>     - Adobe starts Anti Apple Ad
> campaign<http://www.switched.com/2010/05/13/adobe-launches-all-out-war-on-apple/>
>     - Adobe's reply to Mr Jobs<http://www.adobe.com/choice/flash.html>
>     - Adobe on "openness"<http://www.adobe.com/choice/openmarkets.html>
>     - And Microsoft don't like Flash
> either?<http://digitaldaily.allthingsd.com/20100430/microsoft-on-flash-what-steve-said/>

I just had time to have a quick read of Number 1:

I mean, talk about the pot calling the kettle black:

If it weren't for the fact that Apple and Adobe are socking great companies
wielding I-don'y-know-how-much financial clout it would look like 2 boys
in a playground fighting over which one of them is a liar; i.e. all rather
childish.

Neither company have got a leg to stand on when they start talking
about:

     "open markets and an open Web"

for 'open' read 'controlled by Adobe's stuff' or 'controlled by Apple's
stuff';

I say "stuff them both" and "go west young man" to the land of Linux and
Open Source; while it may not be to everybody's taste, at least the word
'open' is not being resemanticised quicker than you can guess the colour
of Steve Jobs' underpants . . .  :)

Hey; I tell you one thing; I reckon I've got an even chance on they're not
being 'Adobe Red'. And I would suppose
the boss of Adobe goes without as all is "Air".