[audio] Call for an updated enhanced quicktime audio library or a small audio complementary library!

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Fri May 14 08:40:56 EDT 2010

Recently, Robert Mann wrote:

> Sound quality is something important to users, even unconsciously it brings
> a sense of quality. Se we miss just a few basic sound functions like :
>
> A) to enhance quality of recorded wave files :
> 1- fade in / fade out
> 2- cross mix fade in and out between two or more files.
> 3- normalization
> 4- a simple basic reverb/echo combined for voice/music with basic setting
>
> ==> Just 1) and 2/ would already be great to deal with recorded material
> within runrev !

You are right, in general better audio support is desperately needed.  But
if I understand what you are asking for, both 1 and 2 of the above can be
done, if you can use player objects.  To crossfade, you assign audio to each
player, and set the playLoudness of one player to the opposite of the other.
For example, using a scrollbar with start/end values of 0/100:

 on scrollbarDrag N
   set playLoudness of player 1 to N
   set playLoudness of player 2 to (100 - N)
 end scrollbarDrag

Again, this will only work with player objects, not imported WAV files.

Fade in/out is the same: simply set the playLoudness of a player to a value
from 0 to 100 using a repeat loop.

The bigger issue is synchronized start/stop of the players.

Apologies if I misunderstood what you are trying to do.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design