[data grid] can't hide one of the scrollbar

Andre.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Fri May 14 05:19:58 EDT 2010

Le 14 mai 10 à 00:01, zryip theSlug a écrit :

> 2010/5/13 Andre.Bisseret <Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr>:
>> Bonjour,
>>
>> In a brand new stack I put a button whose script is :
>> -----------------
>> on mouseUp
>>   local DGRef,
>>   -------
>>   copy group "DataGrid" of group "Templates" of stack
>> "revDataGridLibrary"
>> to this card
>>   put it into DGRef
>>   set the dgProp["show hScrollBar"] of DGRef to "false"
>>   set the dgProp["show vScrollBar"] of DGRef to "false"
>> end mouseUp
>> -----------------
>> then, the V scroll bar remains visible
>>
>> If I invert the order of the 2 last lines then it is the H scroll
>> bar which
>> remains visible
>>
>> In other words, the last line is not executed
>>
>> What am I doing wrong?
>>

>> Best regards from Grenoble
>>
>> André
>
> Bonjour André,
>
> Not helpful here, but I've tested this and I encounter the same
> behavior.
> I have tried different ways to avoid it but with no result.
>
> By testing content of the dgProp["show hScrollBar"] and the
> dgProp["show vScrollBar"] immediately after the code, the first
> property is set to false, the second is set to empty.
>
> I have tried with a delay and a refresh command, however with no
> result.
I also tried that

> Odds
Yes!

Bonjour Zryip,

Thanks for your attention
I made other trials.
Seems that it is necessary to populate the dataGrid before hiding the
2 scrollbars

Trying to hide the 2 scrollbars after having only set headers for
example does not works (the second scrollbar keeps being visible)

But it is possible to hide the 2 scrollbars after having populated the
datagrid, even without setting headers first (that is keeping "Col 1,
Col 2 etc)

Don't understand why! ;-))
Sure Trevor will explain that

Best regards from Grenoble