Zombie Win icon

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed May 12 14:06:24 EDT 2010

David Glasgow wrote:

> Hmm... The horrible old icon only appears in folders in which I have
> previously saved the standalone with the old icon.  New folder =
> correct icon.  Maybe icons & their associations get saved in
> thumbs.db and aren't smart enough to update?  However, I can't work
> out how to show the thumbs.db file on Vista.... :-/  any suggestions?

I don't know the exact answer, but I've never encountered the problem
because I always save standalones into a new folder, and I never replace
older ones in a folder with newer builds. I just toss the entire old
folder and use the new one. So maybe that's the quick solution.

Alternately, if the thumbs.db file is the culprit, you could try just
deleting that. That should force the OS to read the embedded icons in
the app instead.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com