RunRev on the OLPC

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue May 11 11:00:15 EDT 2010

Richmond-

Tuesday, May 11, 2010, 2:48:14 AM, you wrote:

>   http://joviko-olpc.blogspot.com/2007/12/hypercard-on-olpc.html

> funnily enough . . . this article does not mention RunRev; I wonder why?

> I agree wholeheartedly with this article; and I do think that were RunRev to
> get RevMedia (prelicensed) onto the OLPC that would be a very good thing;

Thanks for the link. I'll have to give that a try. I *do* have runrev
running on my OLPC box. It was, of course, the first thing I tried to
install. But getting there was quite a journey, and involves setting
up the device to run Ubuntu as its native OS, dealing with a 7-inch
screen, and most importantly, dealing with the fact that rev-on-linux
and stability just don't belong in the same sentence. It's not the
sort of thing you want to show off in public.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net