Thoughts on Kevin's announcement

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue May 11 04:26:24 EDT 2010

Absolutely.  I'd decided long ago against having anything to do with
Apple and the iPhone, because I thought the direction Apple was going
in was extremely retrograde.  I wish my fears over Apple had been
wrong.

But I'd be delighted to see RunRev focus on it's core tools.  I can
only hope that good things for the Linux version of Rev would come out
of a focus on Android.  FWIW, I've been happily running a HTC phone
(Windows Mobile) for over 2 years. I've been very happy with what it
provides me with (many of things required jail-breaking on the iPhone,
and even required hoop-jumping on an Android phone).  But HTC seem to
make damn fine phones.  This thing is so superior to all the
top-of-the range Nokia phones I've had in the past, and I bought it on
the recommendation of a gadget freak who rated it very highly.  I've
no doubt my next phone will be a HTC Android.

Let's be glad that Apple pulled the rug at this point, instead of in
12 months time.

Bernard