export snapshot transparent?

Terry Judd tsj at unimelb.edu.au
Mon May 10 23:13:21 EDT 2010

On 11/05/10 12:42 PM, "Nicolas Cueto" <niconiko at gmail.com> wrote:

> Terry, thank you for pointing out "import snapshot".
>
> It almost worked.
>
> Problem is outerGlow is lost during import. In the original
> text-field, I use outerGlow to add fuzziness to the edges of letters.
>
> Tried to get around this by setting the outerGlow of the imported
> image the same as the text-field and then exporting. But, the exported
> image too loses the graphic effect.
>
> Is there a way around this too?

If you want to maintain the transparency then apparently not. You might be
able to fashion a solution in Rev if you use import or export snapshot to
grab the relevant part of the screen ­ this retains the graphic effect but
gives you an opaque background. Use a white background and convert your
field coordinates to screen coords using globalLoc before you take your
snapshot, then when you've got your snapshot in Rev apply an appropriate ink
effect to it to render the background transparent (blendMultiply might do it
for you).

HTH,

Terry...