Thoughts on Kevin's announcement

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Mon May 10 23:06:09 EDT 2010

With all sympathies to those who are understandably deeply disappointed, there is a silver lining to this news:

On May 10, 2010, at 10:39 AM, Kevin Miller wrote:

> ...we are ...focusing on developing significant and exciting enhancements to the Rev platform. We have many exciting projects in the pipeline including an overhaul to our Unicode support, enhanced text display...

If this pipeline also includes improving core functionality of the desktop IDE, from things like the player object to widgets to fixing bugs, as well as more focus on feature parity for Linux, it could end up being great for all of us.

For a small company, focusing on core competencies is a really good thing, and the one thing RunRev unquestionably does better than anyone else in the world is a best-in-class cross-platform desktop software dev environment.

On May 10, 2010, at 10:46 AM, Jerry Daniels wrote:

> We've broken haggis together.

Then you've gone further than I ever would :-)