export snapshot transparent?

Nicolas Cueto niconiko at gmail.com
Mon May 10 21:43:12 EDT 2010

Hello,

To convert into transparent images (PNG or GIF) each of the words in a
word-list, I am thinking of using Rev's "export snapshot" thus:

  put "elephant" into tNewWordEnglish
  put adjustFieldSizeToWordLength(tNewWordEnglish) into tNewRect
  set the rect of field "exportEnglish" to tNewRect
  put tNewWordEnglish into field "exportEnglish"
  export snapshot from rect tNewRect of window tWIS to file tPath as PNG
  put "zousan" into tNewWordJapanese

Obviously this isn't going to result in a transparent image but, is
there a way of configuring "things" so that it might?

Thank you.

(And if you're wondering why export the words as images instead of
simply relying on text-fields... to ensure young Japanese learners see
font-wise what their teacher rather than the OS's limitations
intended. I realize there's "revFontLoad", but long painful experience
teaches me to not rely on how Rev and Windows-on-Japanese-PCs interact
font-wise. Even today, despite running the latest version of Rev on
the latest Windows OS, when coding in Rev my fingers automatically
adjust to Rev's imaginary keyboard layout rather than the actual
physical keyboard layout of my Japanese machine.)

--
Nicolas Cueto