OT: Resources for Data Base Design

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon May 10 12:12:57 EDT 2010

Seems like you need a column for each of your subsets, series, book, sections, chapters. Then index on all 5 columns, or have all 5 values concatenated into a single column and index on that. Not sure what kind of index you could use for the text though. I've always wondered about that. How do you index on a column that can contain many words, like a hypertext index?

I don't know enough about SQL to say if you can aggregate all the results, say all the verses in a chapter using purely SQL queries. Obviously you could with an executable like Runrev or OnRev. Perhaps I don't understand the problem you are describing though.

Bob