[OT] Apple developing Flash alternative

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sun May 9 07:24:40 EDT 2010

On Sun, May 9, 2010 at 3:22 AM, Chipp Walters <chipp at altuit.com> wrote:

> Interesting. Very interesting.
>
> Richard, how long do you suppose until Apple bans web apps for the
> iPhone/iPad AppStore unless they are only made with their new tool?
>

> Probably shortly after they make it illegal to lend your MacBook to your
mother/brother etc. Oh wait, he's already done that:

5. NO RENTAL/COMMERCIAL HOSTING. You may not rent, lease, lend or provide
commercial hosting services with the Software.

So maybe shortly after they make it impossible for you to sell your iMac on
eBay. Oh wait, he's already done that:

13. SOFTWARE TRANSFER. Internal. You may move the Software to a different
Workstation Computer. After the transfer, you must completely remove the
Software from the former Workstation Computer. Transfer to Third Party. The
initial user of the Software may make a one-time permanent transfer of this
EULA and Software to another end user, provided the initial user retains no
copies of the Software. This transfer must include all of the Software
(including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any
upgrades, this EULA, and, if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity).
The transfer may not be an indirect transfer, such as a consignment. Prior
to the transfer, the end user receiving the Software must agree to all the
EULA terms.

Note that if you were to sell your iMac on eBay and you had ANY back-up
copies of your hard drive you'd be in direct breach of this clause.

Oh, wait a minute, I'm sorry, I got the wrong EULA out, this is the Bill
Gates EULA but I'm sure the Steve Jobs one says the same thing.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/eula/home.mspx

Interesting what the fine print says.