Check out Jerry's new videos

Ian Wood revlist at azurevision.co.uk
Sat May 8 04:58:03 EDT 2010

On 8 May 2010, at 02:21, Colin Holgate wrote:

> people like me who want to do iPad apps will realize that your tool
> won't work offline, and so won't be interested.

That depends on how Rodeoapps sets up the pages - the HTML5 spec
allows for data to be stored locally on the browsing device via SQLite.

On 8 May 2010, at 09:16, Peter Alcibiades wrote:

> "Peter, you don't need the On-Rev client app to use On-Rev."
>
> But don't you need the browser plug-in to use the pages you've
> made?  For
> instance, I seemingly can't get to the parts of your site that are Rev
> based, because of no plug-in.   Or is this a mistake?

On-Rev is equivalent to things like PHP - it's ALL server-side. I use
it for a number of more complex utility pages that I'd never have time
to learn how to do in PHP. Like Sarah says, all you need to do is
upload .irev text files. The desktop client then gives you the ability
to debug remotely.

Sarah's site has both information about On-Rev and information about
the plug-in, two separate things.

> Can you step through it,  you want to make a web app, usable through
> the
> browser, either on the local machine  or on a local server, or on
> the On-Rev
> server.  What bits exactly do you have to use from Rev?

I assume that their service is using the On-Rev server to generate all
the HTML5/CSS/JS files.

Ian