Rev Videograbber camera compatibility

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Thu May 6 13:08:57 EDT 2010

I've just used videograbber with the Sony TRV-17 and TRV-11 as well as the
Hi8 Video/Firewire Deck GV-D200. Also an ancient Firewire iSight camera.

I prefer it to many other methods, mainly because the settings will allow me
to set the de-interlace to progressive.

The videograbber setting panel on the Mac is furnished by quicktime, so
compatibility is only limited to whatever limitations are of QT.

One of my big complaints about videograbber is that the audio monitoring and
switching is nonexistant.
In preview mode the audio can be barely heard; in record mode there is no
through audio as well.  There is also no way to set the input as one can do
with the audio.  However, speaking of the Mac version, everything gets
recorded just fine, and the resultant movs are of good quality.

As usual, audio in the video world gets low priority.