Newbie question

Thomas McGrath III mcgrath3 at mac.com
Tue May 4 17:26:13 EDT 2010

Steve, Welcome to RR.

I also came from the HC/SC background and was taken by the group "behave" issue, at first it seemed an oversight to a much used convention. But since I've been using RR I have found that I use backgrounds less and less. I think this is one thing that truly differentiates RR from HC and SC. In HC I used Cards with backgrounds in every project, then in SC I made the jump to windows with many cards and some backgrounds and now I use many stacks with windows with some cards and very few backgrounds. It is a change in the way I have come to think about our style of programming. The message path and properties etc. take on a much more important roll nowadays and some things like background behaviors taken on a much smaller role.

Anyway, you seem to have found what you need so Welcome and hope to see you more on the list.

Tom McGrath