AW: AW: need advice for keeping file flags in a zip

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue May 4 13:56:10 EDT 2010

Hi Bob,
interesting point of view.
But if you use ditto to make just a copy of that locked file, it does make a
copy WITH the locked flag. Just not when zipping. So where is the
difference? In both cases it creates a "new file". Obviously it has
something to do with the zip container. Perhaps a zip file can't carry any
flag or at least this uchg flag? That is too deep in the system for me,
without any unix know how.
Tiemo