Rev and the iPad

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue May 4 13:16:50 EDT 2010

  On 04/05/2010 20:05, Marty Knapp wrote:
> Actually Barney is the Antichrist. For proof:
>
> on BarneyCode
>   put "CUTE PURPLE DINOSAUR" Into IsBarneyTheAntiChrist
>   put 0 into TheNumberThatWillProveIt
>   replace "U" with "V" in IsBarneyTheAntiChrist --Should be proper
> Latin- well, because
>   repeat with x=1 to the number of chars of IsBarneyTheAntiChrist
>      if char x of IsBarneyTheAntiChrist is in "C,V,L,D,I" then --Only
> use letters that are Roman Numerals
>         add romanToArab(char x of IsBarneyTheAntiChrist) to
> TheNumberThatWillProveIt
>      end if
>   end repeat
>   answer warning TheNumberThatWillProveIt
> end BarneyCode
>
> --function by Mark Schonewille
> function romanToArab theNumber
>      put "i,v,x,l,c,d,m" into myRomans
>      put "1,5,10,50,100,500,1000" into myArabs
>      put item itemoffset(last char of theNumber,myRomans) of myArabs
> into myNumber
>      repeat with x = (number of chars of theNumber - 1) down to 1
>           put item itemoffset(char x of theNumber,myRomans) of myArabs
> into myTemp1
>           put item itemoffset(char x + 1 of theNumber,myRomans) of
> myArabs into myTemp2
>           if myTemp1 < myTemp2 then
>                subtract myTemp1 from myNumber
>           else add myTemp1 to myNumber
>      end repeat
>      return myNumber
> end romanToArab
>
> Marty Knapp
>
> P.S. My apologies ahead of time if I offended your religious,
> non-religious, or irreligious sensibilities.
> P.S. #2 I hope Mark doesn't mind me using his function for this silliness

At the further risk of offending anybody's sensibilities of any sort,
the antiChrist has always struck me
a similar to Barney; all bluff and bluster and once you ask him some
leading question he disappears in
  puff of smoke and you realise he was little more than a figment of
your own insecurities.

Mind you, he may not be purple . . .  :)