Apples actual response to the Flash issue

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue May 4 02:45:14 EDT 2010

Kay,

The part you are missing in all of this is who Jon Stewart is and what he
represents. He is seen by many as the single most powerful Progressive voice
in the media. His calling out of Apple and Jobs in particular, has huge
ramifications, of which I am sure concerns many inside Apple. Jon trades in
the same "hipness" currency as Apple, GadgetBlog Writers and Privacy
Advocates.

Clearly you see Steve Jobs as a rock-star. We all need our heroes, and it's
understandable. Many Apple users are enamored with Steve. He is truly a
remarkable marketer and a one of a kind individual. Still, that does not
make him infallible. He's had big wins, and big losses.

Certainly no one could say NeXT was much of a win, nor was his refusal to
create an 'Open Mac II' which cost him his first CEO job at Apple. iPods and
iTunes were huge, as was OS X. PowerPC started big, but fizzled down the
stretch. Certainly there are many here who believe him disingenuous when he
said Hypercard wasn't dead-- then killed it.

You're concerned Jon Stewart may be jealous. Actually, the message of the
video is quite the opposite. Stewart comes out and says what a big Apple fan
he is, and has been. He even says he's taking a big risk calling Jobs out
because he knows how much his fanbase loves Apple. And that is why you don't
understand at the end of the video where he still admits to wanting Apple
products. Because he doesn't hate Apple. In fact, he really LIKES Apple.

The point of it all, is for someone like Jon to call Apple, "Appholes,"
clearly shows there IS a problem.

On Monday, May 3, 2010, Kay C Lan <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:
> Whilst many may deify Michael Schumacher, Roger Federer, Tiger Woods, Lee
> Kwan Yew, Valentino Rossi, Lance Armstrong, Michael Phelps, Mozart,
Leonardo