Apples actual response to the Flash issue

Randall Lee Reetz randall at randallreetz.com
Tue May 4 01:20:13 EDT 2010

Yes, but greed has many faces.  What people are greedy for is different than what they end up buying.  This is do to the fact that the market never serves up the perfect product.  People can only express their greed for products that exist.  The one that most closely satisfies the deep inner needs of humans is the one that wins in the marketplace.  People will pay 30k every 6 years for freedom over geographic distance (a car).  400k for freedom over atmospheric discomfort and public exposure (a house).  What is the base fear or desire the iphad satisfies?  Surely apple won't always own the only product that will meet that need.