AW: OT: need advice for keeping file flags in a zip

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Mon May 3 03:56:34 EDT 2010

Bonjour Thierry,

thank you for caring :)

> > and though a locked file in Thierries environment is still locked
> after
> > unzipping, in my environment (MacOS 10.5.8) the file isn't locked
> anymore
> > after unzipping.
>
> MacOS 10.6 here. Could it be this ? new ditto version in it  ?

Actually I don't think so, it must be something more obvious - so obvious,
that I don't see it
And I think this must be such a standard behavior, which hasn't changed
since ages.

> > -          I tried different zip tools for zipping and unzipping
> (ditto,
> > 7zip, gui tar) with same result
>
> No, no !
>
> --sequesterRsrc works only with PKZip

No no, I didn't tried to use the ditto parameters with the other tools :). I
just tested the other tools with  their standard gui without any special
parameters, just to see, if it is a ditto issue.

> Do in a terminal:  ditto -h
>
> Usage: ditto [ <options> ] src [ ... src ] dst
>
>     <options> are any of:
>     -X              do not descend into directories with a different
> device ID
>     -c              create an archive at dst (by default CPIO format)
>     -x              src(s) are archives
>     -z              gzip compress CPIO archive
>     -j              bzip2 compress CPIO archive
>     -k              archives are PKZip
>     --sequesterRsrc copy resources via polite directory (PKZip only)

Yes I am studying the man ditto since days and tried all combinations of
parameters so that I now think it has nothing to do with the zipping tool,
but something completely different. Something like ... ?