Webinar Client (like Dim-Dim) | ITunes Alternative (like Song Bird)

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun May 2 15:57:03 EDT 2010

Recently, Alejandro Tejada wrote:

>> I've built many music and video players over the years with RunRev.
>> The one major limitation you will find is that media support will be
>> limited to
>> those media that are supported by Apple's QuickTime (and QT must be
>> installed on the user's system).
>> [snip]
>>

> Have you build a FLV and MP3 player using Flash plugin
> running inside a revBrowser window?
>
> Just curious to know if this combination works as
> smooth as Quicktime players.

It might (I haven't tried it), but that would mean building the majority of
the player in Flash.  I would then have to question why use Rev at all?

The one benefit Rev has over Flash at this point is interaction with the
desktop.  Flash prevents much of this kind of interaction by design
(security), so unless there was some limitation of being unable to
write/move files around the drive, one might be better off just building the
entire player in Flash.

Either way, using Rev as a player requires the use of 2 technologies: Rev +
QuickTime or Rev + Flash.  That's unfortunate.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, UX Design