An Erlang IDE and interactive shell

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Sun May 2 10:05:24 EDT 2010

Jeff,

This is wonderful! Can you write some words on how you're communicating with
the REPL, are you using something like "open process" or is it a TCP/IP
exchange like SLIME & Friends.

About your colorization, is that a Rev field with some kind of HTMLText set
with that disclosure triangle being an image or is it something like
RevBrowser window?

I am building a little editor to talk to ARC (http://arclanguage.org) so I'd
really like your thoughts!

As for Erlang, I think it is really cool, almost bought that O'Reilly Erlang
book last week, I have some concurrency problems to solve and the current C
code is almost unmaintainable.

I think creating your own tools to solve jobs like these is one of the
places that Rev trully shines.

Cheers and congratulations on your editor!

Andre