Apples actual response to the Flash issue

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sun May 2 05:18:48 EDT 2010

"It is largely an ayn rand anarchist after school club for all white mall
arcade raised nerds lacking in any real vision"

OK, a deconstruction.

The writer considers (for reasons he does not make clear) that advocates of
Open Source software are followers of the US novelist Ayn Rand.  Rand was a
curious figure who ran a small cult political movement at the end of the
last century, called Objectivism, and wrote several awful novels.

The writer thinks that Rand and her followers were anarchists.  (I don't
think they were).  They are usually thought to be extremely right wing.

The next phrase suggests that he thinks Open Source advocates are infantile.
He says "after school club".  That is, they are morally at least still at a
level of needing to be under parental and teacher control, and their
participation in Open Source is analogous to an after school club activity,
strictly juvenile.

"all white mall arcade nerds"

They are all white skinned 'nerds', that is people with no social skills and
an obsession with technology.  I am not sure what their color has to do with
this, but still....

An arcade is a sort of enclosure, and a games arcade will have lots of game
machines in it, and a mall is a shopping mall.  So he suggests that open
source advocates have spent their youth in shopping mall corridors playing
video games on machines, and that this is the extent of their culture.

Not only that, they are white, and followers of Ayn Rand, and anarchists
with it!

Well.  I hope that helps you understand the English.  Understanding the
thought is something I cannot help you with....