User Extensions/Externals

Graham & Heather Harrison crw at nosirrah.com
Sat May 1 23:56:43 EDT 2010

Jacque and Mark (W)

I started with the lesson I quoted but sort of diverged and only had a small section of the code. By the time I posted the question on "revert" I was more interested in just that, than the full externals bit.

Jacque: I was wondering in the back of my mind how rev could process my code without looping, without twigging that it was looping - Doh. So you were right on with the diagnosis. The cure is not so much trying a different approach but getting the current one right.

Mark: When I answered your message I had forgotten the original code had the test for externalPackages. When I put that together with Jacque's point the penny dropped. However, since then I have tested the existence of both externals and externalPackages and it doesn't seem to matter which.

Finally (for now), this problem is solved but I have not solved this approach to externals recognition. I may be back.