[OT] MicroSheep follow a "bad" Apple

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat May 1 12:05:41 EDT 2010

  If Messrs Jobs and Gates (et al) really cared about
open standards for the internet and so on, they would
not be restricting Flash or code-bases; quite the
opposite; they would be falling over each other to
implement support for absolutely everything -
whether proprietary (such as Flash) or open
(such as Ogg Vorbis).

While buying a computer or an operating system
is a fairly free choice, there is only one internet.

However, knowing that Apple and Microsoft are
what they are I shall make sure that my website
continues to be fairly basic (no moving parts to
start with) so that it is in with a chance of being seen
by the maximum number of people from their
machine, OS and browser of choice.

It seem that by investing in expensive proprietary
software to spice up our websites with "wiggly bits"
that in the long run we are only shooting ourselves
in the foot.

My recipe is cheap, effective and cheerful:

GIMP + KompoZer

http://www.gimp.org/

http://www.kompozer.net/