DataGrid Forms, checkboxes and Pull-Down buttons

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Wed Mar 31 23:08:16 EDT 2010

Correction...I almost have it working....

The option menu behavior seems to be okay...

The problem is with my checkbox button. The script I used is:

Checkbox Button Column Behavior-
getProp dgDataControl
   return the long id of me
end dgDataControl

on mouseDown pMouseBtnNum
   dgMouseDown pMouseBtnNum
   setDataOfIndex the dgHilitedIndexes of me, the dgColumn of the target, (the hilited of target)
end mouseDown

There are two problems. The first is that when I look at the data in the Data Grid after highlighting the checkbox, the data from the datagrid reports that the hilite is 'false." If I uncheck the checkbox, and grab the data again, the Data Grid reports that the hilite is 'true." It is reversed from what is normal.

Second problem is that if I click in the column with the check box, missing the button, I get an error stating that the (column) does not have that property (assume it means the hilite property). I attempted to put an:

if the pMouseBtnNum is 1then
  setDataOfIndex the dgHilitedIndexes of me, the dgColumn of the target, (the hilited of target)

But that still did not take out the error message when I clicked on the column instead of the checkbox.

Suggestion...?

Thank you!

John Patten