DataGrid Forms, checkboxes and Pull-Down buttons - Solved

John Patten johnpatten at mac.com
Wed Mar 31 15:45:13 EDT 2010

Thanks Again Trevor!

I have it working now.  I shared it on revOnline,
DataGrids_CheckBoxes_and MenuOptions.

The following is the specifics of what I did:

Option Menu Button Column Behavior-
on FillInData pData
   --set the text of field 1 of me to pData
    -- Lock messages so that menuPick isn't fired when setting the
menuHistory
    lock messages
    set the menuhistory of button 1 of me to lineOffset(pData, the
text of button 1 of me)
    unlock messages
end FillInData

getProp dgDataControl
    --required by library  so that it can locate your control.
    return the long id of me
end dgDataControl

on menuPick pChosenItem
    setDataOfIndex the dgIndex of me, the dgColumn of me, pChosenItem
end menuPick

----------------

Checkbox Button Column Behavior-
getProp dgDataControl
    return the long id of me
end dgDataControl

on mouseDown pMouseBtnNum
    dgMouseDown pMouseBtnNum
    setDataOfIndex the dgHilitedIndexes of me, the dgColumn of the
target, (the hilited of target)
end mouseDown

Thanks!

John Patten