Hanlding Hilite

Andrew Kluthe andrew at rjdfarm.com
Wed Mar 31 14:41:24 EDT 2010

Is there a way to handle when the hilite is changed for a scrolling list
field?

I have a scrolling list field with non-contiguous hilite. You click on a
line in the list to toggle its hilite on or off.

Whenever a hilite is changed in that box, I want to collect what is hilited.

on hiliteChanged

put the hilitedLines of fld "CropYears" into tLines
repeat for each item xline in tLines
put line xline of fld "CropYears" & ":::" after sYearList
end repeat
put "*" after sYearList
replace ":::*" with empty in sYearList
answer sYearList

end hiliteChanged

This would produce a variable (sYearList) that looks like this (with 3 years
selected):

"2009:::2010:::2011"

I want to produce this whenever the hilited years are modified.

I have not found any information on handling the change of a hilite in a
scrolling list field.

This would seem like a pretty standard feature, no?