OT?: heavy weather near the Runrev office

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 14:40:23 EDT 2010

  On 31/03/2010 21:32, J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>>
>> I do remember: but, unlike myself, you had had the foresight to pack
>> a raincoat before you went:
>
> You went to Edinburgh without a raincoat? What were you thinking?

I was thinking "I'm a Scot from north of the Highland Line" . . .  :)

And, while the rain was heavy is was fair douce so I did not contract a
chill;
after all, it was September, not January.

What I had overlooked was, that while I may be a Scot from north of the
Highland
Line, many years in Arabia, the North American Colonies, and the Levant have
thinned my blood.

Next time I am in Edinburgh at the end of August I shall make sure I
wear a thicker
tweed jacket and have a tammy handy! A raincoat; heaven forfend!