Cross-Platform encoding issues

Jacopo Lupi jackwolf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 08:30:22 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I'm building a cross-platform application based on an postgresql database.

The postgresql database encoding is "utf8". The revclient sets the "client_encoding" of the postgres session to "latin9" and if it is running on mac it translates the data with "mactoiso" or "isotomac" functions. I need to set the postgres "client_encoding" to "latin9" otherwise I can't retrive text with accents correctly on the macplatform.

Everything seems to work fine exept for the euro symbol. I can find no way to type the euro symbol in mac and make it readable under windows and viceversa.

Does anybody know a correct implementation to make the euro symbol working in the correct way storing data on a sql database?

Thanks in advance
Best
Jacopo