Life-cycle of paper clips

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 08:06:27 EDT 2010

  On 31/03/2010 14:39, Peter Brigham MD wrote:
> On Mar 30, 2010, at 6:56 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
>
>> Douglas-
>>
>> Welcome to the list community...
>>
>> Tuesday, March 30, 2010, 2:23:32 PM, you wrote:
>>
>> http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_do_all_those_darned_left_socks_keep_going
>>

>>> Douglas .  (A first time poster who does the washing and also programs
>>> in RunRev)
>>
>> You do the washing in RunRev? I'm seriously impressed...
>
> My odd socks keep turning up in the middle of my scripts, I hate that.

Many years ago; before we had "distractions" such as TV and computers I
was quite
good at darning socks . . .  :)

Now, it is my code that is full of holes.

However, I have yet to find an equivalent to one of those wooden mushrooms:

http://www.knitandsew.co.uk/images/00010008.jpg

over which I can slip my RunRev code so that I can conveniently get the
needle
in the right places.

I suspect that recent discussions on this list about something called a
'SOCKet'
may have some connexion to this problem; although the girls I teach English
to inform me that the 'proper' name for a sockette is a "pop-sock":

Socket:  http://www.ozinetperformancewear.com.au/pics/Sockette_2.jpg

Pop Socks:
http://images.teamestrogen.com/ri/300/300/2009_Spring/SW-10525-ALL.jpg

Sockette:  http://www.filmdope.com/Gallery/ActorsB/2039-3007.gif