Crystal Reports

Andrew Kluthe andrew at rjdfarm.com
Tue Mar 30 16:54:23 EDT 2010

Great information. The curious side of me wants to build a Rev external to do
just what I need; however, I found a solution that allows me to invoke
everything I need to do from the command line.

I.E.: sending

"C:\Program Files\Visual CUT 11\Visual CUT.exe" -e "X:\FOManager\FOM
Reports\LeaseUofI.rpt" "Parm1:BatesByron2009"

 to the command prompt runs that report,exports it to PDF, and prints it
using the default printer. All without a single user interaction or a copy
of crystal reports installed. It also has bursting capabilities and the
developer is going to help me hand roll this into my installation routine.

Here is a link to the software I am talking about:

http://www.milletsoftware.com/Visual_CUT.htm

It seems to me, that this can be used by any programming language for the
Windows platform. :)

This suits perfectly what I need to do. But if I get some free time when I
have more developed, I would certainly like to tackle building an external
that does at least some of the more rudimentary features I was asking for.