iPad use with Rev users .... ?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Mar 30 14:30:55 EDT 2010

Francis Nugent Dixon wrote:

> With an iPad,
>
> 1 - Can I run "compatible" Revolution stacks ?

Yes, eventually, within the minor constraints of revMobile.

> There is no keyboard, so maybe by replacing keyboard
> functions with buttons, and resizing some of my stacks,
> I could solve this problem.
>
> 2 - Can I key in data ?
>
> I have seen no way of doing this !

There is a built-in keyboard on iPad, almost full-sized. The early
pre-alphas of revMobile already allow access to the one embedded in
iPhones. iPad ships with several apps that require lots of data entry.
For example, here is Pages on iPad:
<http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/pages.html> where you can see the
built-in keyboard.

> .... and I won't even ask the question, can I run
> IDE Rev development on an iPad ?

Given the restrictions that Apple places on mobile apps, I'm not sure
Rev's IDE could meet the requirements. The main restriction is that code
can't be compiled on the fly, which is essential for the IDE to work.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com