Rev standalone app stays in memory on my Xubuntu 9.10

hmspotato at googlemail.com hmspotato at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 29 01:02:30 EDT 2010

Hello,

I have a standalone application made by Revolution 4.0. It works fine in
most cases, but it fails to quit cleanly on my laptop running Xubuntu
9.10. When I try it on another computer also running Xubuntu 9.10, it
runs and quits fine, but on my laptop it stays open as a process taking
up a chunk of memory. To make it worse, every instance of app launch
remains in the memory as an independent process. Right-clicking on the
process in System Monitor and choosing 'Open Files' displays the following:
FD  Type         Object
0   file         /dev/null
1   file         /home/megumi/.xsession-errors
2   file         /home/megumi/.xsession-errors
3   local socket
4   local socket
5   pipe
6   pipe

This question is probably more about Xubuntu than about Revolution, but
it does relate to using Revolution. I am particularly puzzled, because
another standalone app (also made by Revolution) runs and quits fine on
the same laptop. I hope someone here will be able to help me, as I do
not know what to do.

I originally posted this at <http://forums.runrev.com/phpBB2/
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=5087> with a sample stack, but the thread came to
what seems like a dead-end. The last post on the thread suggested that I
should subscribe to this list and ask for help from Linux experts on the list.

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.