Mac Classic build ???

Jeff Reynolds jeff at siphonophore.com
Sun Mar 28 15:29:39 EDT 2010

Richard,

from all i have heard mac classic build stopped at 2.6.1 and never
officially made it into anything after that. 3 was to be the last, but
i think that ended up being abandoned by that point as it was just too
hard to keep it backwards compatible. for stuff that also needs mac
classic build i build the stack in 261 then move it to later versions
to make the pc and osx builds and build the classic in 261. figure
thats the safest way to not do something in a later build that can be
moved back to 261 for the classic build.

in the ed publishing world the classic is just starting to go away for
media. im hoping the next project will not have it in there, will be
nice to move on as much as i like the fact that the old macs are still
holding in there and just giving a rising return on investment for the
schools, but its hell on the developer, harder to keep a classic
machine around to test on!

cheers

jeff

On Mar 28, 2010, at 1:00 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com