Fwd: Re: Linux - Check for Updates broken

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Mar 27 19:01:03 EDT 2010

The issue is, either deliver, or remove the placeholder saying its coming
shortly.  Don't leave it there for years when there's no sign of any
intention to deliver it.  Far more important than whether the thing is
delivered or not.  Its sending a message, but its sending it in a completely
cack-handed way, one that damages the company's reputation far more than
simply saying, we don't intend doing this or that because we are not doing
these things for Linux.  We don't want to.  For whatever reason.  Maybe
quite legitimate, who knows?

You can get away with that.  What you can't get away with is the pretence
you are going to do it, followed by not doing it.  Its just a stupid way to
behave.

I spent this afternoon trying to get the thing to print in Linux, realizing
once again that its time to dig out the Awk book if I want to get it done
this month....   Same thing, just tell me you are not going to do it.  Or do
it.  Whichever.