Property profiles

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sat Mar 27 06:42:00 EDT 2010

Hi Sarah,

Just like you, I tried to use profiles, before they were broken for 2
years. They seem to be fixed now, but profiles are too confusing for me.

Modifiying a property of an object causes the property profiles of
that object to change to make sure that the object stays unchanged for
each alternative profile. If you set the textFont of an object to bold
in one profile, the other property profiles of that object are
explicitly set to plain. I also remember having problems trying to
make the changes in the profiles stick. This makes working with
profiles very cumbersome. You never know what the changes in the other
profiles will be, when you make a change in one of them.

Usually, I only need to change the font of controls, depending on
platform. It is easy enough to do this by script. Colour adjustments
for example, too, are easily made by script. You don't need to include
a heavy profiles library for that. I expect you'll leave out a few
bugs by using your own scripts instead of the profiles library. Just
like the geometry manager, I consider the property profiles library
one of the components that we'd better not use.

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com

Economy-x-Talk is always looking for new software development
projects. Feel free to contact me for a quote.

Op 27 mrt 2010, om 05:50 heeft Sarah Reichelt het volgende geschreven: