Connecting Rev stack to On-Rev mySQL DB?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Fri Mar 26 11:20:14 EDT 2010

On Mar 25, 2010, at 2:56 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:

> John,
>
> check the allowed hosts on your control panel, add the % wildcard
> there.
>
> Cheers
> andre
> PS: Power grid failure over here, working on batts, sorry for the
> hushed
> reply

This is in fact what I have done on my MySQL account to make db's
accessible from outside my on-rev domain. Beyond that, the advice from
Sarah, Andre, Kay, and Jim is valuable with regard to security issues.

BTW, it's not obvious from the on-rev CPanel where to make the change
to the allowed hosts. Under Databases click Remote MySQL. There you
can add specific allowed IP addresses, DNS names, or the '%' wildcard.

Devin

Devin Asay
Brigham Young University