scripting applescript menu-clicking questions

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Mar 25 09:48:01 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I am having trouble with getting applescript to click on menu choices
in Safari (there is nothing in the dictionary for what I'm trying to
do).  Does anyone have any suggestions for how to handle these things?

Secondly, will Safari be able to do these actions in the background?
I mean, in the script I'm currently working on, Safari is told to
"activate", then everything else happens.  Can I script menu
actions/button clicks without Safari becoming visible?

Finally, assuming that all of this is possible, is there a version of
Applescript/OS X before which such things would not be possible?

Thanks,

Bernard