Deleting Data Woefully Slow

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Wed Mar 24 21:10:46 EDT 2010

Kay-

> Revised Benchmark Script below.

It's no surprise that "put after" is faster than "put before", since
it avoids an extra copy action. I *am* surprised that it's *that* much
faster, though, and I can confirm that on my systems it's roughly 20
times faster. And I'm more surprised that "delete line -1" is slower
than "delete line 1" - I'd expect just the opposite. But again I can
confirm here that deleting the first line of a variable is an order of
magnitude faster than deleting the last line.

I question whether your tests 10 and 11 really do what you think they
do. Test 9 looks OK but otherwise I don't think it's a fair
comparison.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net