data grid by hand doesn't create a data grid templates' substack

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Mar 24 14:11:22 EDT 2010

On Mar 24, 2010, at 1:01 PM, Andre.Bisseret wrote:

> When one drags a data grid from Tools one gets a data grid templates
> substack nnn
>
> But if one creates a datagrid with:
> ------
> copy group "DataGrid" of group "Templates" of stack
> "revDataGridLibrary" to card 1 of this stack
> put it into theDataGridRef
> ------
> there is not such a substack.

Correct. The IDE automates this part. If you are doing everything
yourself then you have to create the substack yourself.

> then I suppose that the data grid will work only in the IDE? (being
> dependent of the revDataGridLibrary)

It will work in a standalone as long as you create a stack that starts
with Data Grid Templates stack.

> Could be that In the lesson, I don't well understand the following:
> ----------------
> set the dgProp["row template"] of theDataGridRef to the long id of
> group "MyRowTemplate" of stack
> "MyStack"
> You should probably create this ahead of time using the IDE. For
> example, you could create a data
> grid and then delete it while leaving the row template behind (it
> will exist on a card in "Data Grid
> Templates xxx" stack).
> --------------
> With what should I replace "MyRowTemplate"?

The long id of the row template group you want to use. The Data Grid
won't work if you don't assign a row template to it. The IDE does this
for you and the row template resides on one of the cards in the Data
Grid Templates stack.

Unless you have a need in your program to dynamically create Data
Grids I would recommend you use the Tools Palette.

Regards,

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems