FTPeS

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Wed Mar 24 13:28:48 EDT 2010

Wikipedia says FTPES is different than FTPS or SFTP.
Explicit

In explicit mode (also known as *FTPES*), an FTPS client must "explicitly
request" security from an FTPS server and then step-up to a mutually agreed
encryption method. If a client does not request security, the FTPS server
can either allow the client to continue insecure or refuse/limit the
connection.