Virtual properties

Andrew Kluthe andrew at rjdfarm.com
Tue Mar 23 16:00:29 EDT 2010

I recently decided that my code would be cleaner and not so buggy if I used
custom properties and property handlers more often instead of global arrays
and the functions like Percent2Decimal, Validate, yaddayadda to manipulate
them.

Given that, I just don't get the real difference between virtual properties
and custom properties. Here is what I do get.

Virtual Properties allow you to set/handle other properties without actually
storing a value? Correct?

Can't you do this in custom properties too? or are they considered virtual
when you start doing that?

Anything else I should have an understanding of in regards to virtual
properties? The above is the limit of my assumptions when it comes to the
differences between custom and virtual.

Thanks for the help,

Andrew Kluthe