socket write/read conflict?

Len Morgan len-morgan at crcom.net
Tue Mar 23 07:33:48 EDT 2010

I stand corrected on the comma.  I don't know where I got the idea tab
was the default.

As to the sockets getting "confused", this can't really happen since
socket is defined by both the server and client IPs AND server and
client port numbers.  Unless you've got more than one machine with the
same IP, each socket would be unique even if all the clients were
talking to the same server on the same port.

To take a page from Jerry Daniels (of tRev fame), perhaps you can
simplify this by making it a little more complicated.  Unless I misread
your original post, you want to know who answered first in addition to
the actual answer.  As each answer comes in, why not just grab "the
seconds" each socket either opens or receives data until all have
answered.  Then you can see who had the lowest seconds (first response),
and then read each answer and check for correctness. This takes the time
pressure and allows you to better coordinate the response.

len morgan