VideoGrabber on Windows

Klaus on-rev klaus at major.on-rev.com
Mon Mar 22 11:46:03 EDT 2010

Hi Richard,

> Klaus,
>
> Initialize the videograbber with this line:
>   revInitializeVideoGrabber short name of this stack,"DirectX",rect of image 1

is this "DirectX" the same as "VfW"?

> Use this basic sequence to record video and audio:
>
>      revSetVideoGrabSettings "myvar"

Getting/setting the videosettings did not work for us with "VfW" at all.
The variable was always empty!

>      revSetVideoGrabAudio true,"1","16","16000"

Does this still work?
I have been searching this in the docs for at least the last three versions of Rev! :-/

>      revRecordVideo myfile
> Don't use the newest videograbber.dll. I've found it does not allow access to the Compression dialog box. Use an older version. I can make it available if necessary. I reported this bug some time ago, but have not received a response from the engineers.
> Use the new DivX (www.divx.com) codec for best results.

See below, we need QuickTime for everything, since we are developing a crossplatform tool
which has to work out of the box.

> Let me know how that goes. The above works well for me under Windows 7.

Basically it all works for us, but we need the user let record video in DV format, so we
can compress them with Trevors wonderful QT external.

Thanks anyway! :-)

> Richard

Best

Klaus