Finding USB volumes on Win

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Mar 22 10:05:38 EDT 2010

In January with the help of Phil, Peter, and others I got some great
tips for identifying removable drives on OS X and Linux.  But I'm having
difficulty figuring out how to do the same in Windows.

I can find the registry entries to determine which devices are mounted,
but they don't contain the info which will let me know which drive
letter they're associated with.

I've tried setting the shellCommand to "diskpart" and then using:

get shell("list volume")

...but that returns "2", which means a syntax error, even though that
syntax works fine from the command line.

Any tips on how to identify mounted removable volumes and obtain their
drive letters?  Extra bonus points if I could get their names too, for
those that have been named.

TIA -

--
  Richard Gaskin