revPrintField ???? PDF

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sun Mar 21 19:29:54 EDT 2010

On Mon, Mar 22, 2010 at 3:51 AM, Richmond Mathewson
<richmondmathewson at gmail.com> wrote:
>  On 21/03/2010 19:28, Jan Schenkel wrote:
>>
>> You can set the 'printerOutput' property to a filepath before running
>> print commands. This will generate a PDF file on MacOSX, an XPS file on
>> Windows, or a Postscript file on Linux.
>>
> Well, I must be doing something wrong as I could not get this to behave
> itself; it just kept
> pumping out a PDF file called "it" with no suffix in the RunRev folder . . .
>   :)

Try this:

on mouseUp
   ask file "Save printout as:" with "Print.pdf"
   put it into tFileName
   if tFileName is empty then exit to top

   set the printerOutput to "file:" & tFileName

   revShowPrintDialog false, false
   revPrintField the long name of fld "TTEXT"
end mouseUp

Cheers,
Sarah