iPhone pre-alpha update

Heather Nagey heather at runrev.com
Fri Mar 19 09:08:32 EDT 2010

Dear List Folks,

We're excited to let you all know that we have churned out another
update to the iPhone pre-alpha. We're rather proud of it, as we have
added the following features and fixes:

- The orientation of the device can now be determined, and an
application is notified when the orientation changes.
- An application can change its interface orientation at will.
- Basic support is present for core location - an application can
request updates to the location of the device.
- An application can prompt the user to send an email, using the
standard iPhone mail composer interface.
- Support has been added for 'specialFolderPath()' to allow easy
fetching of 'standard' folders.
- A bug with file path 'root' problems has been fixed. All paths are
now reported relative to the filesystem root, rather than the home
directory.
- A bug with the mouseLoc returning an incorrect y-coord has been fixed.
- A bug with animated gifs not displaying correctly has been fixed.
- Disabled controls are no longer considered when working out the
target of touch messages (just as it is for mouse messages)
- The answer command now returns the chosen button in the 'it'
variable as it should

This is still designated a pre-alpha since the UI has not yet been
added and you still can't build for the App store, but nonetheless,
judging from the feedback we're getting from early purchasers, we
think you'll find these features interesting, useful and fun!

Don't forget to check out our lessons area, which now has a dedicated
revMobile section:

http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/buckets/1004

If you've already purchased, you should now have an email from us
letting you know how to get this update. If you haven't, and you want
to know more, you can read all about revMobile here:

https://secure.runrev.com/store/browse/?product=RVSLMBLE

Remember you only have until the end of March now to purchase the
special pre-order plus conference Simulcast/DVDs, these benefits will
not be part of the package come April 1st.

As always if you have any questions about purchasing, email us at support at runrev.com
.

Warm Regards,

Heather

Heather Nagey
Customer Services Manager
http://www.runrev.com/
RunRev - Software construction for everyone