Win7 Close stack

Jeffrey Massung massung at gmail.com
Thu Mar 18 18:17:55 EDT 2010

On Mar 18, 2010, at 3:46 PM, Andrew Kluthe wrote:

> If someone closes one of the menu palletes and I didn't have it set to kill
> the program on the close of one of these, the user would not be able to
> reopen that menu pallete.
>
> Is this a bug in rev or just a feature of win7 (Is there a difference, lol)?

In my opinion, this is a UI bug in your app (not a Rev or Win7 issue). Win7 just brought this issue to light.

A palette window usually indicates an optional window that can be open or closed. For example, the tools or inspector palette in the Rev IDE. You can close them, but can always get them back easily.

Of course, the above assumes you aren't using a palette window for something else, like a download progress window that is meant to prevent the user from doing anything while the download is in progress. If that's the case, I would use the on cloneStack handler in the palette window to perform an implicit cancel or similar operation (assuming it isn't done yet).

Jeff M.