Win7 Close stack

Andrew Kluthe andrew at rjdfarm.com
Thu Mar 18 16:46:37 EDT 2010

I noticed that in windows 7 you can close stacks that have the close control
removed from the titlebar.

Windows 7 groups the items on your task bar together and lets you get little
previews of the items in the group on mouseover. It also provides a close
button so you can close windows straight from the task bar.

Even with the close button taken off or disabled on the title bar, it still
allows you to close it this way.

If someone closes one of the menu palletes and I didn't have it set to kill
the program on the close of one of these, the user would not be able to
reopen that menu pallete.

Is this a bug in rev or just a feature of win7 (Is there a difference, lol)?

This isn't really a problem for me at the moment for my program, but I am
attempting to document this behavior for someone who might struggle with it
in the future.